Lawyers for Accountants
We assist accountants facing complaints, discipline hearings, and other regulatory issues at the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (CPA). The lawyers at GlickLaw have acted as external legal counsel for years to numerous health colleges governed by the Regulated Health Professions Act (“RHPA”) and have significant experience in professional regulation and discipline. Draw on our knowledge and experience to respond to complaints and investigations, defend yourself against allegations of professional misconduct, or deal with any other issue you may be facing with your regulator.
We can assist and act for Accountants on a wide range of matters including:
- Responding to complaints and investigations at the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario Complaints Committee;
- Representing accountants in hearings before the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario Discipline Committee or Capacity Committee;
- Appealing decisions of the Discipline Committee or Capacity Committee to the Appeal Committee and the Divisional Court;
- Representing accountants in criminal or quasi-criminal proceedings under the Criminal Code or Provincial Offences Act;
- Representing accountants in applications and civil litigation before the Superior Court of Justice;
- Assisting accountants and accounting firms in applications for membership and registration;
- Assisting accountants with practice inspections;
- Advising accountants on compliance with the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario Act, 2017 and other relevant legislation and regulations; and
- Advising accountants on professional practice issues, such as privacy and confidentiality and record-keeping.