Lawyers for Engineers
We assist engineers facing complaints, discipline hearings, and other regulatory issues at the Association of Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO). The lawyers at GlickLaw have acted as external legal counsel for years to numerous professional self-regulatory bodies in Ontario and have significant experience in professional regulation and discipline. Draw on our knowledge and experience to respond to complaints and investigations, defend yourself against allegations of professional misconduct, or deal with any other issue you may be facing with your regulator.
We can assist and act for Engineers on a wide range of matters including:
- Responding to complaints and investigations at the PEO Complaints Committee;
- Representing engineers in hearings before the PEO Discipline Committee and Registration Committee;
- Appealing decisions of the Discipline Committee or Registration Committee to the Divisional Court;
- Representing engineers in criminal or quasi-criminal proceedings under the Criminal Code or Provincial Offences Act;
- Representing engineers in applications and civil litigation before the Superior Court of Justice;
- Assisting engineers in applications for licenses and certificates of authorization;
- Advising engineers on compliance with the Professional Engineers Act and other relevant legislation and regulations; and
- Advising engineers on professional practice issues, such as privacy and confidentiality, insurance, advertising, and record-keeping.