Lawyers for Funeral Homes
We assist funeral homes with investigations, inspections, and legal proceedings against the Bereavement Authority of Ontario (BAO). The lawyers at GlickLaw have experience defending funeral homes against the BAO and have extensive experience before the Licence Appeal Tribunal. Draw on our knowledge and experience to navigate investigations and inspections, defend your licence before the Licence Appeal Tribunal, or deal with any other issue you may be facing with your regulator.
We can assist and act for Funeral Homes on a wide range of matters including:
- Responding to complaints, investigations, and inspections;
- Representing funeral homes before the Licence Appeal Tribunal when their licence is refused, suspended, revoked, or made subject to conditions;
- Appealing orders made by the BAO under the Funeral, Burial and Cremation Services Act, 2002 to the Licence Appeal Tribunal;
- Appealing decisions of the Licence Appeal Tribunal to the Divisional Court; and
- Assisting funeral homes in applications for licensure.