Lawyers for Human Resources Professionals
We assist human resources professionals facing complaints, discipline hearings, and other regulatory issues at the Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPA). The lawyers at GlickLaw have acted as external legal counsel for years to numerous professional self-regulatory bodies in Ontario and have significant experience in professional regulation and discipline. Draw on our knowledge and experience to respond to complaints and investigations, defend yourself against allegations of professional misconduct, or deal with any other issue you may be facing with your regulator.
We can assist and act for Human Resources Professionals on a wide range of matters including:
- Responding to complaints and investigations at the Human Resources Professionals Association Complaints Committee;
- Representing human resources professionals in hearings before the Human Resources Professionals Association Discipline Committee and Capacity Committee;
- Appealing decisions of the Discipline Committee or Capacity Committee to the Appeal Committee and the Divisional Court;
- Representing human resources professionals in criminal or quasi-criminal proceedings under the Criminal Code or Provincial Offences Act;
- Representing human resources professionals in applications and civil litigation before the Superior Court of Justice;
- Assisting human resources professionals and firms in applications for membership and registration;
- Advising human resources professionals on compliance with the Registered Human Resources Professionals Act, 2013 and other relevant legislation and regulations; and
- Advising human resources professionals on professional practice issues, such as privacy and confidentiality and reporting obligations.