Lawyers for Lawyers
We assist lawyers and paralegals facing complaints, investigations, discipline hearings, and other regulatory issues at the Law Society of Ontario (LSO). The lawyers at GlickLaw have acted as external legal counsel for years to numerous professional self-regulatory bodies in Ontario and have experience defending lawyers facing allegations of professional misconduct. Draw on our knowledge and experience to respond to complaints and investigations, defend yourself against allegations of professional misconduct, or deal with any other issue you may be facing with your regulator.
We can assist and act for Lawyers on a wide range of matters including:
- Responding to complaints and investigations at the Law Society of Ontario;
- Representing lawyers and paralegals in hearings before the Law Society Tribunal;
- Appealing decisions of the Law Society Hearing Division to the Appeal Division or the Divisional Court;
- Representing lawyers in criminal or quasi-criminal proceedings under the Criminal Code or Provincial Offences Act;
- Representing lawyers in applications and civil litigation before the Superior Court of Justice;
- Assisting lawyers in applications for licensing or reinstatement;
- Assisting lawyers respond to audits and reviews;
- Advising lawyers on compliance with the Law Society Act, its By-Laws, the Rules of Professional Conduct, and other relevant legislation and regulations; and
- Advising lawyers on professional practice issues, such as privacy and confidentiality, advertising, and record-keeping.