We represent child care centres when their licence to operate is at stake.The lawyers at GlickLaw have acted as external legal counsel for years to numerous regulators in Ontario and have significant before the Licence Appeal Tribunal. As former external legal counsel to the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators, we understand the child care industry and how it is regulated. Draw on our knowledge and experience to defend yourself when your licence to operate your business is in jeopardy.
We can assist and act for child care centres on a wide range of matters including:
- Appealing notices of proposal to refuse or revoke a licence to the Licence Appeal Tribunal;
- Appealing notices of change to a licence to the Licence Appeal Tribunal;
- Appealing protection orders to the Licence Appeal Tribunal;
- Representing child care centres in criminal and quasi-criminal proceedings under the Criminal Code, Provincial Offences Act, and Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014;
- Representing child care centres when the government seeks restraining orders in the Superior Court of Justice;
- Assisting child care centres respond to compliance orders;
- Assisting child care centres that have been ordered to pay administrative penalties;
- Assisting child care centres with applications for licensing;
- Assisting child care centres with inspections; and
- Advising child care centres on how to manage their business in compliance with the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 and other relevant legislation and standards.