We represent restaurants, bars, and other establishments in regulatory, quasi-criminal, and civil proceedings against the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (“AGCO”). As former external legal counsel to the Liquor Control Board of Ontario, we understand liquor licensing and regulation. We also have significant experience before the Licence Appeal Tribunal. Draw on our knowledge and experience to defend yourself when your licence to operate your business is in jeopardy.
We can assist and act for restaurants, bars, and other establishments on a wide range of matters including:
- Appealing notices of proposal to refuse, suspend, revoke, or impose conditions on a liquor licence to the Licence Appeal Tribunal;
- Applying to the Licence Appeal Tribunal to remove conditions on a liquor license;
- Appealing decisions of the Licence Appeal Tribunal to the Divisional Court;
- Representing restaurants and bars in criminal and quasi-criminal proceedings under the Criminal Code, Provincial Offences Act, and Liquor Licence Act;
- Assisting bars and restaurants with applications for liquor licences;
- Assisting bars and restaurants with inspections; and
- Advising bars on restaurants on how to manage their business in compliance with the Liquor Licence Act and other relevant legislation and standards.