Lawyers for Motor Vehicle Salespersons
We represent motor vehicle salespersons in regulatory, civil, and quasi-criminal proceedings involving the Ontario Motor Vehicle Industry Council (“OMVIC”). The lawyers at GlickLaw have acted as external legal counsel for years to numerous regulators in Ontario and have significant experience before the Licence Appeal Tribunal. Draw on our knowledge and experience to respond to complaints and investigations, defend yourself before the OMVIC Discipline Committee, or deal with any other issue you may be facing with OMVIC.
We can assist and act for Motor Vehicles Salespersons on a wide range of matters including:
- Responding to complaints, investigations, and inspections;
- Representing motor vehicle salespersons in discipline hearings before the OMVIC Discipline Committee for alleged violations of the Code of Ethics;
- Representing motor vehicle salespersons in hearings before the Licence Appeal Tribunal when their registration is refused, suspended, revoked, or made subject to conditions;
- Representing motor vehicle salespersons facing applications for restraining orders in the Superior Court of Justice;
- Appealing freeze orders to the Licence Appeal Tribunal;
- Appealing decisions of the Discipline Committee to the OMVIC Appeals Committee and the Divisional Court;
- Representing motor vehicle salespersons in criminal and quasi-criminal proceedings under the Criminal Code, Provincial Offences Act, and Motor Vehicle Dealers Act, 2002;
- Assisting motor vehicle salespersons in registration matters; and
- Advising motor vehicle salespersons on compliance with Motor Vehicle Dealers Act, 2002, the Code of Ethics, and other relevant legislation and standards.