Lawyers For Real Estate Brokerages
We represent real estate brokerages in regulatory, civil, and quasi-criminal proceedings involving the Real Estate Council of Ontario (“RECO”). The lawyers at GlickLaw have acted as external legal counsel for years to numerous regulators in Ontario and have experience defending real estate professionals against RECO. Draw on our knowledge and experience to respond to complaints and investigations, defend yourself before the Licence Appeal Tribunal, or deal with any other issue you may be facing with RECO.
We can assist and act for Real Estate Brokerages on a wide range of matters including:
- Responding to complaints, investigations, and inspections;
- Representing real estate brokerages before the RECO Discipline Committee;
- Representing real estate brokerages in hearings before the Licence Appeal Tribunal when their registration is refused, suspended, revoked, or made subject to conditions;
- Representing real estate brokerages in criminal and quasi-criminal proceedings under the Criminal Code, Provincial Offences Act, and Real Estate and Business Brokers Act, 2002;
- Appealing freeze orders to the Licence Appeal Tribunal;
- Assisting real estate brokerages in registration matters
- Appealing Discipline Committee decisions to the RECO Appeals Committee and the Divisional Court; and
- Advising real estate brokerages on how to manage their brokerage in compliance with the Real Estate and Business Brokers Act, 2002 and other relevant legislation and standards.