We assist dentists facing complaints, discipline hearings, and other regulatory issues at the Royal College of Dental Surgeons (RCDSO). The lawyers at GlickLaw have acted as external legal counsel for years to numerous health colleges governed by the Regulated Health Professions Act (“RHPA”) and have experience representing dentists facing allegations of professional misconduct. Draw on our knowledge and experience to respond to complaints and investigations, defend yourself against allegations of professional misconduct, or deal with any other issue you may be facing with your regulator.
We can assist and act for dentists on a wide range of matters including:
- Responding to complaints and investigations at the Royal College of Dental Surgeons Inquiries, Complaints and Reports Committee (“ICRC”);
- Representing dentists in hearings before the Royal College of Dental Surgeons Discipline Committee or Fitness to Practise Committee;
- Appealing decisions of the ICRC to the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board (“HPARB”);
- Representing dentists in hearings and reviews of Registration Committee decisions before HPARB;
- Appealing decisions of HPARB, the Discipline Committee or the Fitness to Practise Committee to the Divisional Court;
- Representing dentists in criminal or quasi-criminal proceedings under the Criminal Code or Provincial Offences Act;
- Representing dentists in applications and civil litigation before the Superior Court of Justice;
- Assisting dentists in applications for registration and in making written submissions to the Registration Committee;
- Assisting dentists with audits and quality assurance programs;
- Advising dentists on compliance with the RHPA, Dentistry, 1991, and other relevant legislation and regulations; and
- Advising dentists on professional practice issues, such as record-keeping, privacy and confidentiality, billing and insurance, and reporting.