We assist insurance brokers facing complaints, discipline hearings, and other regulatory issues at the Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario (RIBO). The lawyers at GlickLaw have acted as external legal counsel for years to numerous professional self-regulatory bodies in Ontario and have significant experience in professional regulation and discipline. Draw on our knowledge and experience to respond to complaints and investigations, defend yourself against allegations of professional misconduct, or deal with any other issue you may be facing with your regulator.
We can assist and act for insurance brokers on a wide range of issues including:
- Responding to complaints and investigations at the RIBO Complaints Committee;
- Representing insurance brokers in hearings before the RIBO Discipline Committee and Qualification and Registration Committee;
- Appealing decisions of the Discipline Committee or Qualification and Registration Committee to the Divisional Court;
- Representing insurance brokers in criminal or quasi-criminal proceedings under the Criminal Code or Provincial Offences Act;
- Representing insurance brokers in applications for restraining orders and in civil litigation before the Superior Court of Justice;
- Assisting insurance brokers in applications for registration;
- Advising insurance brokers on compliance with the Registered Insurance Brokers Act and other relevant legislation and regulations; and
- Advising insurance brokers on professional practice issues, such as privacy and confidentiality and record-keeping.