We assist police officers facing complaints and discipline hearings. The lawyers at GlickLaw have acted as external legal counsel for years to numerous regulators in Ontario and have significant experience in professional regulation and discipline. Draw on our knowledge and experience to respond to complaints and investigations and defend yourself against allegations of misconduct.
We can assist and act for police officers on a wide range of issues including:
- Responding to complaints and investigations;
- Representing police officers in discipline hearings;
- Appealing discipline decisions to the Ontario Civilian Police Commission and the Divisional Court;
- Representing police officers in criminal or quasi-criminal proceedings under the Criminal Code or Provincial Offences Act; and
- Advising police officers on compliance with the Police Services Act and other relevant legislation and regulations.