We assist teachers facing complaints, discipline hearings, and other regulatory issues at the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT). The lawyers at GlickLaw have acted as external legal counsel for years to numerous professional self-regulatory bodies in Ontario and have significant experience in professional regulation and discipline. Draw on our knowledge and experience to respond to complaints and investigations, defend yourself against allegations of professional misconduct, or deal with any other issue you may be facing with your regulator.
We can assist and act for teachers on a wide range of issues including:
- Responding to complaints and investigations at the College of Teachers Investigation Committee;
- Representing teachers in hearings before the College of Teachers Discipline Committee and Fitness to Practise Committee;
- Appealing decisions of the Discipline Committee to the Divisional Court;
- Representing teachers in criminal or quasi-criminal proceedings under the Criminal Code or Provincial Offences Act;
- Representing teachers in applications and civil litigation before the Superior Court of Justice;
- Assisting teachers in applications for registration or reinstatement;
- Advising teachers on compliance with the Ontario College of Teachers Act and other relevant legislation and regulations; and
- Advising teachers on professional practice issues, such as privacy and confidentiality and reporting obligations.