For years, we have acted as external legal counsel, providing advisory and litigation support for numerous regulatory bodies in Ontario.
Our representative work includes acting for the:
- Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- College of Early Childhood Educators of Ontario
- College of Chiropodists of Ontario
- Liquor Control Board of Ontario
- Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority
- Law Society of Ontario
- College of Dental Technologists of Ontario
For professional regulators, we are routinely engaged as prosecutorial counsel on professional discipline, incompetence and fitness to practise matters. We additionally prosecute matters in Provincial Court, seek injunctive relief and compliance orders in Superior Court and represent our clients’ interests on matters involving registration, privacy and in civil litigation.
We represent licensing bodies on litigation matters before the Licence Appeal Tribunal including appeals of revocation orders, compliance orders and administrative monetary penalties. We also prosecute matters in Provincial Court and seek injunctive relief and compliance orders in Superior Court.
We regularly train and advise statutory committees and, in particular, registration, screening and discipline committees.